A message from the Principal:
"Join us as we SOAR to Success at
Welcome to the website for Austin-Tracy! We hope this information will provide you with a snapshot of the wonderful things that are happening at Austin-Tracy during the 2016-2017 school year!
With state-of-the-art facilities and research-based curriculum and materials, the educators of Austin-Tracy Elementary strive to create a safe, nurturing, and positive learning environment for all of our learners. Our students are the hardest working around, always rising above and beyond the challenges set for them!
Here are just a few things that make Austin-Tracy an exceptional place to learn and grow:
- Lead to Succeed-We are a Lead to Succeed school. As a part of our L2S program, we foster leadership skills in our students by providing multiple leadership opportunities. Also as a part of L2S, we have a student leadership council and student leadership magnet program.
- Project Lead the Way (PLTW)-We are excited to be named a Project Lead the Way school for the 2016-2017 school year. As a part of PLTW, students in grades K-6 will be provided hands-on engineering and science opportunities during their core science class.
- Arts Infusion-For students in grades 4-6, we offer an arts infustion period. In addition to their core music and art classes, students can participate in choir and/or strings instruction.
- 21st CCLC-As a part of our 21st Century Learning students have opportunities after-school to extend and enrich their academics as well as have additional activities to enhance their educational experience.
- Visible Learning-We strive for all students to be active, self-regulated learners. Through the research of Dr. John Hattie, Austin-Tracy is committed to put our students in the driver's seat of their learning while providing on-going feedback. We want our students to embrace challenge and reach well beyond their potential.
- Low to No Homework-Students at ATES give 110% from the start of the school day to the end. Because our students and staff maximize every instructional minute, we have adopted a "low to no homework" philosophy. We want our students to enjoy family time while still achieving academically!
For these and many other reasons we were named a DISTINGUISHED/HIGH PERFORMING SCHOOL by the Kentucky Department of Education in 2015. We are extremely proud of our students and their accomplishments, and look forward to continued success and achievement.
Enjoy browsing our website, student projects, and pictures. Also swing on over to the "Teacher Website" pages for more specific information about what's happening in the classroom. You will soon find out why our students and our staff members are "Soaring to Success"! If you need further information, please do not hesitate to call our school at 270-646-2236.
Brian Clifford, Principal