Please open and read the PowerPoints or links that are attached to each topic block.
After viewing the PowerPoint or linked resource you will need to open the Staff Policies Agreement at the end of the section and complete all .
ONCE YOU HAVE READ ALL INFORMATION AND VIEWED SUPPORTING INFORMATION YOU WILL BE ASKED TO SIGN A VERIFICATION FORM STATING THAT YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE DISTRICT POLICIES TRAINING FOR THIS SCHOOL YEAR. See your administrator for sign off sheet.
There are 3 sections of the trainings:
SECTION 1 - REQUIRED FOR ALL BARREN COUNTY SCHOOLS EMPLOYEES
Read the information provided in each part of this section and complete the digital acceptance form at the end of the section.
NOTE - Completion of the acceptance form is your acknowledgement of all sections in this training. (See your Administrator for your form)
1. CONFIDENTIALITY -
- Read the District Policy of Confidentiality of Records - (Contacts: Cortni Crews, Cynthia York, Anthony Frazier)
2. DATA PRIVACY & SECURITY (KRS 61.931, et seq. (HB 5) - (Contact: Scott Harper/Steve Gumm)
3. FIRE EXTINGUISHERS – (Contacts – Anthony Frazier/ Maintenance Staff/Local Fire Dept)
- Building supervisors must train staff on location and use of fire extinguishers Make sure all custodial workers, at least one administrator and one teacher know how to turn off gas lines, water lines, and electricity at all main switches and valves. Chemicals must be under lock and key.
- Watch This YouTube Video - CLICK HERE
4. HARASSMENT/DISCRIMINATION - (Contacts – Anthony Frazier, Cynthia York, Cortni Crews)
- Resource PowerPoint - Please Open and Read - CLICK HERE
- Harassment/Discrimination Compliance Series PPT - CLICK HERE
- District Policies Handbook - CLICK HERE - Note Section Certified Employees (03.162), Classified Employees (03.262)
5. DRUG/ALCOHOL POLICY - (Contact – Anthony Frazier)
- Open and Read the District Policy for Drug/Alcohol - CLICK HERE
- Barren County Drug & Alcohol Policy Statement - CLICK HERE
6. TECHNOLOGY ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY (AUP) - (Contact Steve Gumm)
- If you are a new employee to the Barren County School District and have not filled out a hard copy of the Acceptable Use Policy you will need to click here to download the file and return to the BCHS Tech Office. - CLICK HERE
AND then complete the electronic AUP below.
- Electronic AUP - All Staff - click this link for online AUP (This link is for all staff members that have a hard copy on file in the tech office from original employment information. This link is for returning staff only). - CLICK HERE
7. HEALTH POLICIES/BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS TRAINING – (Contact Rita Powell, RN)
8. COPYRIGHT NOTICE – (Contact: Scott Harper or Local Media Specialist)
Please open each link and review the information within. Copyright is a very serious issue in our industry and several times each year we are faced with violations of copyright materials. It is very important that all employees understand these rules.
9. ABUSE & NEGLECT - (Contact – Anthony Frazier)
- Child Abuse and Neglect: Prevention, Recognition, and Reporting
- Watch the video (imbedded in the survey below) and answer the quiz as proof of completion for this topic.
- View the Power Point - CLICK HERE
- Child Abuse Reporting - (Contact: Anthony Frazier)
10. WELLNESS -
- Review Revised District Wellness Policy - (Contacts: CheyAnne Fant/Cynthia York)
11. NEW REGULATIONS & POLICY TRAINING 2018 (any new regulation or Board Policy Trainings)
The following trainings are presented this year due to changes in state rebulation/laws and the Barren Co. Board policy. Please review the following items and submit the appropriate acknowledgement afterwards. Contact names for further information are included.
- There are no new regulations added in this section for the coming school year.
SECTION 2 - SCHOOLS & DEPARTMENTS COVER THESE TOPICS IN FACE TO FACE TRAININGS AT THE BEGINNING OF SCHOOL
1. EVALUATION POLICY & TRAINING (3.18, 3.28) – (Contact: Cortni Crews)
- Evaluation forms can be located on the District's Forms & Document web page - CLICK HERE
2. PBIS Training/Use of Physical Restraint (to Address 704 KAR 7:160) – (Contacts: Anthony Frazier/Cynthia York)
3. SCHOOL SPECIFIC EMERGENCY PROCEDURES AND PLANNING – (Contacts: Cortni Crews/Anthony Frazier/Building Principals)
4. Barren County Schools Employee Handbook & Student Discipline Code - (Contacts: Cortni Crews/Anthony Frazier/Building Principals)
5. Harassment / Discrimination - (Contact: Anthony Frazier/Building Principals)
This training presentation will be conducted by your building administrators.
SECTION 3 - THESE TRAININGS ARE FOR TARGETED GROUPS WITHIN SCHOOL & DISTRICT.
Instructions are given by supervisors about when & how these trainings will be conducted.
1. SUICIDE PREVENTION TRAINING (Grades 7-12) (Contact: Anthony Frazier)
Suicide prevention training will be provided at a later date. Documentation for those who attend will be on file at the school. If you are completing a make up training - please work with your building principal for the documentation needed.
Complete the following training components which include the attached video of the in-person training & the resource materials (Power Point & outside video sources) that were used as a part of the training. Please watch the video in the first link to view the entire training.
2. ADMINISTRATION CODE FOR KY's ASSESSMENT PROGRAMS - (Contact: Scott Harper)
***The following training will be conducted in person by the building assessment coordinator. The link takes you to the KDE training resources and the Administration Code Document. CLICK HERE
3. MEDICINE DELEGATION TRAINING (if required)
(Contact: Nurse Rita Powell/Health Dept Nurses)