The Elementary School Guidance Counselor
- Conducts the enrollment process of new students
- Counsels individually with children
- Teaches weekly guidance lessons in classrooms
- Conducts small group counseling sessions
- Processes referrals for the testing of special needs children
- Consults with parents in private conferences about their child
- Consults with teachers
- Provides information on community resources
- Participates in curriculum development
- Responsible for maintaining student records including academic as well as medical records
My name is Darla Beckham and I have been the counselor at Austin Tracy for the last nine years. I have spent my entire teaching career here as well, and I feel we have the best school and students in Barren County! If I can assist you and your child in any way, please call.
One reminder for parents of Preschool and Kindergarten students: Your child must have a vision examination by January 1, 2011. This exam must be done by an optometrist or an opthalmologist.