Please open and read the PowerPoints or links that are attached to each topic block.
After viewing the PowerPoint or linked resource you will need to open the Staff Policies Agreement at the end of the section and complete all .
ONCE YOU HAVE READ ALL INFORMATION AND VIEWED SUPPORTING INFORMATION YOU WILL BE ASKED TO SIGN A VERIFICATION FORM STATING THAT YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE DISTRICT POLICIES TRAINING FOR THIS SCHOOL YEAR. See your administrator for sign off sheet.
There are 3 sections of the training - please review each section as each employee may have items in each section:
SECTION 1 - REQUIRED FOR ALL BARREN COUNTY SCHOOLS EMPLOYEES
Read the information provided in each part of this section and complete the digital acceptance form at the end of the section.
NOTE - Completion of the acceptance form is your acknowledgement of all sections in this training. (See your Administrator for your form)
1. CONFIDENTIALITY -
- Read the District Policy of Confidentiality of Records - (Contacts: Cortni Crews, Cynthia York, Anthony Frazier)
2. DATA PRIVACY & SECURITY (KRS 61.931, et seq. (HB 5) - (Contact: Scott Harper/Steve Gumm)
3. FIRE EXTINGUISHERS – (Contacts – Anthony Frazier/ Maintenance Staff/Local Fire Dept)
Building supervisors must train staff on location and use of fire extinguishers Make sure all custodial workers, at least one administrator and one teacher know how to turn off gas lines, water lines, and electricity at all main switches and valves. Chemicals must be under lock and key.
- Watch This YouTube Video - CLICK HERE
4. HARASSMENT/DISCRIMINATION - (Contacts – Anthony Frazier, Cynthia York, Cortni Crews)
- Resource PowerPoint - Please Open and Read - CLICK HERE
- Harassment/Discrimination Compliance Series PPT - CLICK HERE
- District Policies Handbook - CLICK HERE - Note Section Certified Employees (03.162), Classified Employees (03.262)
5. DRUG/ALCOHOL POLICY - (Contact – Anthony Frazier)
- Open and Read the District Policy for Drug/Alcohol - CLICK HERE
- Barren County Drug & Alcohol Policy Statement - CLICK HERE
6. TECHNOLOGY ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY (AUP) - (Contact Steve Gumm)
- If you are a new employee to the Barren County School District and have not filled out a hard copy of the Acceptable Use Policy you will need to click here to download the file and return to the BCHS Tech Office. - CLICK HERE
AND then complete the electronic AUP below.
- Electronic AUP - All Staff - click this link for online AUP (This link is for all staff members that have a hard copy on file in the tech office from original employment information. This link is for returning staff only). - CLICK HERE (LINK ONLY WORKS AT SCHOOL)
7. HEALTH POLICIES/BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS TRAINING – (Contact Cynthia York, Jamie Riley)
8. COPYRIGHT NOTICE – (Contact: Scott Harper, Kathy Burris or Local Media Specialist)
Please open each link and review the information within. Copyright is a very serious issue in our industry and several times each year we are faced with violations of copyright materials. It is very important that all employees understand these rules.
9. ABUSE & NEGLECT - (Contact – Anthony Frazier)
- Child Abuse and Neglect: Prevention, Recognition, and Reporting
- Watch the video (embedded in the survey below) and answer the quiz as proof of completion for this topic.
- View the Power Point - CLICK HERE
- Child Abuse Reporting - (Contact: Anthony Frazier)
- Click the link to go to the reporting site. Kentucky Child/Adult Protective Services Reporting System. CLICK HERE
- Click the link to review the child abuse reporting policy & legal references - CLICK HERE
- Domestic/Dating Violence Reporting and Education - Upon the request of a victim, school personnel shall report an act of domestic violence and abuse or dating violence an abuse to a law enforcement officer. School personnel shall discuss the report with the victim prior to contacting a law enforcement officer.
- US Department of Health and Human Services - Any person who knows or has reasonable cause to believe that a child is dependent, neglected, or abused, or is a victim of human trafficking shall immediately cause an oral or written report to be made to a local law enforcement agency or the Department of Kentucky State Police: the cabinet or its designated representative; the Commonwealth’s Attorney or the County Attorney; by telephone or otherwise. Any supervisor who receives from an employee a report of suspected dependency, neglect, or abuse shall promptly make a report to the proper authorities for investigation.
Human Trafficking hotline: 1-888-373-7888
Child Abuse hotline: 1-800-422-4453 (1-800-4-A-CHILD)
KDE has just approved a third training on the prevention of child abuse and neglect.
Each local school board has a choice to adopt one or more of these trainings to be implemented by schools. Please find the approved list of trainings that meet the requirements of KRS 156.095 Section 7 on the Child Abuse and Neglect: Prevention, Recognition, and Reporting webpage. As a reminder, here are links to print and prominently display the child abuse hotline and National Human Trafficking Reporting Hotline number posters.
10. WELLNESS -
- Review Revised District Wellness Policy - (Contacts: CheyAnne Fant/Cynthia York)
11. NEW REGULATIONS & POLICY TRAINING 2020 (any new regulation or Board Policy Training)
The following training is presented this year due to changes in state regulation/laws and the Barren Co. Board policy. Please review the following items and submit the appropriate acknowledgement afterwards. Contact names for further information are included.
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Training - CLICK HERE to watch the video
- When you sign your training form your are acknowledging that you have viewed the video
SECTION 2 - SCHOOLS & DEPARTMENTS COVER THESE TOPICS "IN HOUSE" AT THE BEGINNING OF SCHOOL WITH DIRECTOR SUPERVISOR
1. EVALUATION POLICY & TRAINING (3.18, 3.28) – (Contact: Cortni Crews)
- Evaluation forms can be located on the District's Forms & Document web page - CLICK HERE
- Training Slide Deck - CLICK HERE
2. PBIS Training/Use of Physical Restraint (to Address 704 KAR 7:160) – (Contacts: Anthony Frazier/Cynthia York)
3. SCHOOL SPECIFIC EMERGENCY PROCEDURES AND PLANNING – (Contacts: Cortni Crews/Anthony Frazier/Building Principals)
4. Barren County Schools Employee Handbook & Student Discipline Code - (Contacts: Cortni Crews/Anthony Frazier/Building Principals)
5. Harassment / Discrimination - (Contact: Anthony Frazier/Building Principals)
This training presentation will be conducted by your building administrators.
SECTION 3 - THESE TRAININGS ARE FOR TARGETED GROUPS WITHIN SCHOOL & DISTRICT.
Instructions are given by supervisors about when & how these trainings will be conducted.
1a. SUICIDE PREVENTION TRAINING (Grades 6-12) (Contact: Anthony Frazier or Shawna Shartzer)
If you were unable to attend our in-person QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) suicide prevention trainings this year, please complete the following training components which include videos, power point, and additional resources.
1b. TRAUMA-INFORMED SCHOOL APPROACH TRAINING (Grades K-12) (Contact: Anthony Frazier or Shawna Shartzer)
If you were unable to attend our in-person Trauma Informed school approach training this year, please complete the following training components which include videos, power point, and additional resources.
- Trauma-Informed School Approach Presentation - CLICK HERE
- Trauma-Informed School Approach Quiz - CLICK HERE
2. ADMINISTRATION CODE FOR KY's ASSESSMENT PROGRAMS - (Contact: Scott Harper)
***The following training will be conducted in person by the building assessment coordinator. The link takes you to the KDE training resources and the Administration Code Document. CLICK HERE
3. MEDICINE DELEGATION TRAINING (if required)
(Contact: Cynthia York, Jamie Riley, and/or Health Dept Nurses)
Medication Delegation Training has been updated. You will need to access & review the following slide show which contain the training information. Once you have reviewed these materials you will need to take the quiz at the link listed below.
4. Seizure Disorder Training - For all principals, guidance counselors, and teachers - new requirement as of July 1, 2019.
The law requires each new hire to engage in at least one hour of self-study in the review of seizure disorder materials.(KRS 158.070 (3)(b)) Educators may explore available training materials by conducting simple searches on-line; many options are available. Should the district desire to approve and vet training material, that is within the district’s discretion to do so. I have conducted a preliminary search on behalf of districts and found free, expert-created and research-based sources for seizure disorder training materials:
The Epilepsy Foundation of Kentuckiana is excited to announce that the Seizure Training for Educators program is now available for educators to access. This program is approximately 1-hour in length, fulfills the requirements of HB 147, and will ensure that educators in Kentucky are properly trained to recognize and respond to multiple seizure types, as well as emotionally support a student with epilepsy while at school. You can access the program at the Foundation's website at www.efky.org, or by clicking the following link: https://www.brainshark.com/efky/vu?pi=zHFzyVwezaJAz0
4. Active Shooter Training - For all staff - certified, classified or paraprofessional (Contact: Anthony Frazier)
Please watch the following video required by as required by Senate Bill 1.